Community Outreach Coordinator
Job Title: Community Outreach Coordinator
Supervisor: Community Engagement Manager
Designation: Salaried. Full-Time. Exempt.
Pay Range: $38,000-45,000
Location: Southern United States (Remote Position)
Position Closing Date: April 30, 2021
Position Overview: The Community Outreach Coordinator supports SAC’s effort to engage, educate, and empower communities most impacted by HIV. This role is responsible for working in coordination with SAC’s Community Engagement and Public Policy and Advocacy teams, as well as SAC’s programmatic partners to recruit participants for a range of trainings and advocacy opportunities. This position will also manage information gathering and network building to support policy and programmatic priorities that are responsive to demonstrated need and opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain database of participants in leadership development programs
- Build and maintain recruitment database for LEAD Academy and YOUNITY Workshop programs
- Participate in requisite planning meetings for funded projects (including Gilead COMPASS Initiative® and AIDS United FREE Initiative)
- Complete update reports and tracking as required (including use of Asana)
- Assist with preparation of reports on relevant grant-funded programs
- Other tasks as assigned
- Implement recruitment strategy for SAC leadership development programs and policy/advocacy programs
- Assist in implementing programs focused on serving persons living with and impacted by HIV in the southern United States
- Support Community Engagement Manager in building partnerships with community institutions, leaders living with and impacted by HIV, and other partners
- Support Public Policy & Advocacy Department in community policy/advocacy efforts through outreach, content development for community presentations, and other tasks
- Support development and onboarding of SAC Community Advisory Council
- Serve as liaison to SAC Community Advisory Council
- Support community mobilization efforts
- Other tasks as assigned
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated experience working independently, and remote work experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong desire to work with communities that are disproportionately impacted by HIV in the South, including communities of color; low-income populations; gay, bisexual, and other same-gender-loving men; transgender or gender non-conforming people; youth; women; and injection drug users
- Attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects, establish workload priorities, and meet deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the effectively convey messages through public speaking or via electronic media
- Ability to take initiative, set goals, and execute tasks with limited direct supervision
- Outgoing personality and ability to work with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage diverse projects simultaneously.
- Positive, proactive and personable team player.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and some database management experience.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Special interest in building power among marginalized communities, particularly persons in rural communities and people of color, to obtain health equity, social, economic and racial justice.
- Ability to travel and willingness to work some evenings and weekends as part of a flexible work schedule (travel is not currently required due to COVID-19, but upon reinstatement of travel, must be able to travel up to 25% of the time)
Location:The person in this role must reside in the southern United States. This position will also be 100% remote.
Compensation: This is a salaried exempt position with a salary range of $38,000-$45,000 (commensurate with experience). SAC also offers a robust benefits package, including 100% coverage individual employee’s health insurance premium.
Apply: Please submit a resume and a cover letter to [email protected] by the deadline noted above. Please note the position for which you are applying in the subject line. Note: only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. All inquiries will be kept confidential. No phone calls, please.
Organization Overview: The mission of the Southern AIDS Coalition (SAC) is to end the HIV and STI epidemics in the South by promoting accessible and high-quality systems of [HIV and STI] prevention, treatment, care, housing, and essential support services.
We envision a South where every person has access to high-quality health care and essential support services (including safe, decent, affordable housing), free from stigma and discrimination. We also envision a South where every person understands their risk for HIV transmission, receives routine screening, and has access to a full range of prevention interventions and harm reduction services.
The Southern AIDS Coalition is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on actual or perceived HIV status, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, or veteran status. We are committed to recruiting, employing, and promoting qualified people living with HIV as well as members of populations most disproportionately impacted by the epidemic.