Title: Capacity Building Specialist FLSA Classification: FT/Exempt
Reports to: Senior Manager, Capacity Building Assistance Date: 1/14/2020
Location: Remote position; Eligible candidates must be Salary Range: $45,000 – $50,000
located in one of the following states: AL, AR, DC, DE,
FL, GA, KY, LA, MD, MS, NC, OK, SC, TN, TX, VA, or WV
ABOUT SOUTHERN AIDS COALITION
We envision a better South for people living with HIV – one where every person has access to high-quality health care and essential support services, free from stigma and discrimination. We also envision a South where every person understands his or her risk for HIV transmission, receives routine screens, and has access to a full range of prevention interventions and harm reduction services regardless of their race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or socio-economic status.
The mission of Southern AIDS Coalition is to end the HIV epidemic in the South through: (1) intersectional advocacy, (2) capacity building assistance, (3) leadership development and education, (4) research and evaluation, and (5) strategic grantmaking.
Southern AIDS Coalition seeks to hire a dynamic Capacity Building Specialist located in the southern United States. The Capacity Building Specialist will develop tailored CBA modules, webinars, and materials for community-based organizations (CBOs) and healthcare providers across the southern region. This position will also manage ongoing communication with organizations, assist with scaling up CBA delivery, provide feedback on CBA program priorities, assessments, training content, curricula, and written materials. Additionally, this position will participate in selected in-person meetings, virtual meetings, and conference calls to provide content area expertise and assist with the facilitation of CBA activities and trainings.
Technical Assistance Development and Delivery
• Support the research, design, and implementation of in-person and virtual technical assistance and workshops in response to requests from CBOs, health departments, and other healthcare/social service providers in the southern United States
• Lead assessment and planning calls to develop individualized capacity building action plans that are positioned to address identified needs
• Contribute to the development of materials (including fact sheets, webinars, toolkits, etc.); respond to community HIV needs, and integrate current research, health behavior theories, adult learning principles, and instructional design.
• Demonstrate proficiency in key areas, including but not limited to: HIV-related stigma, HIV care and treatment, PrEP, U=U, cultural humility, community-based service delivery, workshop development, facilitation, harm reduction/syringe services programs (SSPs), LGBTQ community health, and organizational development.
• Nurture and manage collaborative efforts, including content development, logistics, marketing, community engagement, and follow-up
• Clear written and verbal communication with partners and key stakeholders
• Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with funding, consultant, and other partners, colleagues, capacity building provider partners, and community stakeholders
• Represent Southern AIDS Coalition in workgroups and collaborative spaces, and at local, regional and national events
• Participate in and contribute to team, department, and organization-wide meetings, reporting, development, work groups, and expansion activities
• Ensure timely completion of documentation, reporting, and other administrative tasks
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree preferred. Three years of relevant experience (e.g. health educator, trainer, consultant) can be substituted for Bachelor’s degree;
• Outstanding written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills;
• Detail-oriented with exceptional project & time management skills and ability to work independently;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and desired experience with database management;
• Demonstrated experience with developing and delivering health-focused trainings/workshops and materials for adult learners; and
• Legally eligible for employment in the United States.
ADDITIONAL VALUED SKILLS
• Experience navigating a remote work environment
• Bilingual (Spanish)
This is a remote work position. Working conditions when performing remote work may vary. Position requires reliable internet and phone for business purposes. Relocation expenses will not be covered. Monthly stipend provided to offset some technology costs.
Position requires travel, time frames vary based on training request, to deliver technical assistance and workshops (average 1-2 days in length); and participate in and/or present at conferences and regional meetings, as assigned.
Send resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line “Capacity Building Specialist” by February 14, 2020. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. No phone calls, please.
Southern AIDS Coalition is an Equal Opportunity Employer and dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Applicants living with HIV and/or from communities disproportionately affected by HIV and AIDS are strongly encouraged to apply.