Greetings Partners and Friends,
At Southern AIDS Coalition, our top priority and mission is protecting and advocating for the health and wellness of the communities and individuals we serve, particularly those impacted by HIV and other health disparities. The threat of COVID-19 is a public health crisis unprecedented for our generation, and another example of why our mission is incredibly important.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, government officials have strongly recommended against gatherings of medium-to-large groups as well as making other recommendations in the best interest of public health and safety. Consequently, Southern AIDS Coalition, out of an abundance of caution and with great thought and consideration of the many factors facing our nation and those we serve, has initiated the following measures:
• We are postponing all in-person trainings, meetings and events, including our upcoming Saving Ourselves Symposium (SOS)
• All staff are working remotely until further notice
• All staff are restricted from travel on our behalf until further notice
• We will conduct all necessary meetings via conference call and internet video conferencing
• We have recommended to all our funded partners that they likewise, as they are able, implement similar measures regarding cancelling events, remote work, meetings and travel
• We have relaxed expectations of deliverables for all funded partners to allow them to focus on the immediate needs of their staff and the communities they serve
We encourage each of you to follow the public health officials’ guidelines and protocols. We realize this is a challenging time for many individuals in our community. Please let us know how we can assist. Know that we stand with you to fight for resources to address the social, financial and mental health impacts of these necessary social distancing and isolation measures.
Visit southernaidscoalition.org for all updates.
The Southern AIDS Coalition Team